The dependent spouse of an E-3 temporary worker may apply for and receive work authorization.
An E-3 visa holder’s dependent spouse may seek employment within that status by completing Form I-765 with USCIS.
Children of E-3 holders cannot apply for the E-3D EAD.
To apply for E-3D work permission, you need the following:
• Completed USCIS Form I-765 with “(a) (17) ( )” noted as code.
• Copies of both E-3’s and E-3D’s
• Entry Visa used for last entry into the U.S. (except for citizens of Canada and Bermuda)
• I-797 Approval Notices, if any
• Copies of the identification pages of both passports, including the photo page
• I-765 Application Fee, payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
• Two identical color passport style photographs.