Immigration Solutions

E-3 Visa Change of Status in the U.S.

If you are in the United States you may request a change of status to E-3 or extend your E-3 visa status by filing a Form I- 129 (Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker) directly with the the USCIS Vermont Service Center.

The cost for filing the request for change of status or extension of stay is $460.

In addition to the Form 1-129, applicants must include the following documentation:

  • Proof of Australian nationality,
  • A letter from the prospective U.S. employer describing the alien’s occupation, the alien’s anticipated length of stay, and salary/remuneration arrangements,
  • Evidence that the alien meets the educational requirements for the position to be filled (a bachelor’s degree or higher or its equivalent in the specific specialty occupation),
  • Evidence that the alien meets any licensing or other occupational requirements, and
  • Evidence that the prospective U.S. employer has filed with the Department of Labor a labor condition application (LCA) specifically designated for E-3 Specialty Occupations.