Immigration Solutions

EB-3 Visa Restaurant Jobs [2024]

There are several different eb-3 visa restaurant jobs that are in high demand across the United States. Here are the main ones:

Servers: Also called waiters/waitresses, these positions are responsible for taking orders from customers, explaining daily specials, placing orders to the kitchen, and serving meals to customers. The normal minimum requirement is a High School Diploma or foreign equivalent. Some employers may require previous work experience as a server.

Dishwashers: The main job duties for this position are to wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand. There are usually no minimum requirements for the position of Dishwasher.

Host / Hostess: Also known as a Greeter, the Host / Hostess is responsible for greeting guests as they enter the restaurant and seating them as soon as a table is available. The normal minimum requirements are a High School Diploma/GED or foreign equivalent.

Cook: Primary job duties of a Cook are to prepare and cook to order a variety of foods that require only a short preparation time. Most employers will require some previous experience as a cook.

The Need:

Since the pandemic began many employers have had a very difficult time hiring both front of the house as well as back of the house staff. This is one reason that the EB-3 visa/green card program is gaining in popularity for employers. It gives them a predictable staffing option in their human resources program.

The Process:

The first step is for the potential employee to obtain a job offer from an employer that will sponsor them for the EB-3 visa green card.

The second step is for the employer to start the PERM Labor Certification process. This includes defining the position details, filing the prevailing wage request, recruiting for the position, and filing the PERM labor certification petition.

The third step is the I-140 petition. This is filed with USCIS. The I-140 filing includes the employer’s ability to pay the offered salary, and the potential employee’s proof of qualifying for the position’s minimum requirements. The I-140 can only be filed once the PERM labor certification is approved/certified.

The fourth and final step process depends on if the beneficiary (potential employee) is legally inside the U.S. or outside the U.S.

Examples of being legally in the U.S. include being in F-1 or F-2 status, H-1B or H-4 status, -1 or L-2 status, etc.

For those legally in the U.S., the process is called Adjustment of Status. It involves filing USCIS Forms I-485, I-765, I-131 and possibly I-485 supplement J with USCIS. Processing time for the I-765 work permit is approx. 90 days. Once you receive your work permit you may start work for your sponsoring employer. Processing time from filing to the approval of the I-485 Green Card is approximately 8 months.

For those outside the U.S., the process is called Consular Processing. It involves filing the DS-260 with the NVC on the CEAC website. Following the DS-260 online filing, the U.S. Embassy in your country will schedule you for a visa green card appointment. After a successful interview, you will be issued an approval stamp in your passport. You will then travel to the U.S. as a permanent resident ready to start work for your sponsoring employer. Your actual green card/permanent residence card will be mailed to you in the U.S. at the address you previously provided on the DS-260 filing. Your green card/permanent residence card will be valid for 10 years.

If you are an applicant and would like to hear more about available EB-3 jobs and sponsorship, or if you are an employer and would like to see how the EB-3 program can provide predictable and reliable staffing solutions, then please complete the form below for more information.