How long does it take for the I-751 to be approved?
The USCIS receipt notice, you can check the status here at your USCIS online account, is used to you prove your legal status for work, allow you to travel internationally and be used to renew your driver’s license.
The only thing that may expedite the process is if you are in the US Military (Active Duty).
Otherwise, not even providing tons of evidence, including having children born to the marriage will expedite the process.
Bottomline USCIS takes its sweet time processing the I-751 petitions.
The only good thing about the I-751 Process is that the conditional resident can file for U.S. Citizenship/Naturalization even if the I-751 is still pending.
The basic requirements to file for U.S. Citizenship:
- The conditional resident is still married
- They have been married for 3 years
- The conditional resident has had their Green Card for 2 years and 9 months
- The sponsoring spouse has been a U.S. Citizen for 3 years.
The conditional resident will also need to meet the other requirements such as the physical presence/continuous residence and no criminal incidents which make them ineligible.
I-751 – Attorney Services & Fees
We work with a few select highly experienced immigration attorneys.
The attorney fee is $995. This is a flat fee with no hidden costs.
The USCIS fee is $680.
If you would like an experienced, highly rated immigration attorney to assist you in removing the conditions of residence, below is an overview of how the process will work:
1. You complete and submit the form below requesting a Retainer Agreement.
2. The immigration attorney will e-mail you the Retainer Agreement.
3. You email back the signed Retainer Agreement with the attorney fee required to begin the case.
4. When the signed retainer agreement and attorney fee are received, your case will begin and your online account will be set up.
5. You will receive a username and password to log in to your online account. You will then be able to complete your questionnaires and upload the required supporting documents. You will be able to check the status of your case 24/7 using your online account.
6. The immigration attorney will send you the completed USCIS forms to sign.
7. You return the signed forms and USCIS check.
8. The immigration attorney will complete the petition package and file (via FedEx next day) your I-751 petition with USCIS.
9. The immigration attorney will follow up with the USCIS until your I-751 petition is approved, and you receive the 10 year Permanent Residence Card in the mail.
To request a retainer agreement, please complete and submit the form below. The immigration attorney will email you the retainer agreement within 24 hours.
You may be also interested in: